The market for agave syrups globally deals with the syrup derived from the ‘Agave Americana’ plant found mostly in Mexico and South America. The syrup is used widely for manufacturing tequila. It also acts as an artificial sweetener and a binding agent in many breakfast bowls of cereal. Owing to its various benefits, its demand among consumers from different parts of the world is high. The end-user markets of this syrup are the food & beverages and cosmetics industries. The food & beverages industry accounts for more than 90% of the global demand for syrup in the last year. The cosmetic industry’s use of agave extracts is limited as it mostly uses agave in shampoos and conditioners. (Source: SpendEdge Procurement Report on the Global Agave Syrups Market). This report from SpendEdge gives in-depth insights into the global agave syrups market overview, agave syrup benefits, top agave syrup suppliers, global demand driving factors, and much more.
Countries in Europe, APAC, and South America do not have specific regulations on the use of this syrup in food &beverage products. This increases the demand for the syrup in these regions during the forecast period. Also, high consumer awareness in the US has resulted in the use of alternative sweeteners like stevia in food & beverages products. There are several countries in APAC that do not have restrictive regulations on the use of agave in end-products. This factor is likely to drive the agave syrup’s demand over the next few years. Economic disturbances in South America are also expected to affect the syrup’s demand. However, the constant use of agave syrup as a substitute for sugar in consumer products is likely to facilitate sustainable growth in the market during the forecast period. The use of the agave syrup is expected to go down in North America because of the regulations imposed in the US, which do not recognize agave syrup to be safe for consumption.
Agave Syrup Benefits
- High in calcium – This is one of the significant agave syrup benefits as calcium is responsible for regulating blood pressure, curbing PMS, strengthening bones, and maintaining healthy body weight.
- Low in calories – This is one of the most admired agave syrup benefits as agave nectar is as sweet as sugar and can improve the taste of coffee and tea as well as food in fewer So, it is very useful for people counting on weight loss.
- Largely organic and vegan – This is one of the significant agave syrup benefits for vegans as it is extracted purely from plants and is, therefore, not spoiled by chemicals.
- Contains more fructose than sugar – This is one of the most positive agave syrup benefits since it adds very less calorie to the body and is, therefore, not at all harmful to people looking to reduce weight.
- Glycemic index value is low (beneficial for diabetic patients) – This is one of the most useful agave syrup benefits for diabetic patients as low glycemic index means it will not affect the glucose level of the body.
Top Agave Syrup Suppliers
Some of the major suppliers are:
- Sisana Sweeteners
- The iidea Company
- Maretai Organics
- Dipasa USA
- Malt Products