Category Requirements in Facility Management – What are the Buyers Looking for in the Interior Design Services and Furniture Market?
The facility management industry has witnessed a paradigm shift from being a space management function to improving the aesthetics. The consumers’ demand for facility management services is on the rise as the need for functional space has augmented the desire for an aesthetically pleasing environment. Thus, the growth of the interior design services and furniture […]READ MORE >>
The facility management industry has witnessed a paradigm shift from being a space management function to improving the aesthetics. The consumers’ demand for facility management services is on the rise as the need for functional space has augmented the desire for an aesthetically pleasing environment. Thus, the growth of the interior design services and furniture and furnishing market is on the rise. The rising number of construction and real estate projects have also boosted the growth of the facility management market. Currently, North America and Europe account are the largest markets for facility management – accounting for over 50% of the total market share. Within this market space, the growth of both the design services and furniture and furnishings market can be attributed to rapid urbanization and strong economic developments. The facility management market has grown highly competitive with players using new technologies, abiding by best practices, and extending their services.
So, what are the buyers looking for when they avail or buy the facility management services or products? Here are some of the major category requirements that the suppliers must be proficient in offering:
- Buyer prefers to partner with service providers having access to trade-only suppliers such as furniture, light, and other raw material vendors due to their ability to affect price negotiations. Apart from the cost savings, such service providers can customize products within the given cost and quality to suit the mentioned workplace
- Majority of the design services firms have adopted new visualization tools instead of hand sketching. Buyers are more involved in the design process and expect constant updates. Suppliers can provide a complete picture of developments in the interior facility management project by offering a visual image of the concept with the help of VR, Revit, and 3D mapping tools
- An important thing to note is that in order to improve the aesthetics of the place, functional and usable space should not be compromised. A service providers ability to creatively make a structural space look more functional and minimize unusable space defines their competitiveness
- Vendors who can provide customized furniture as per clients’ specification such as size, material, color, and design are preferred over vendors who manufacture furniture in bulk. With the help of such suppliers, buyers who chose customized furniture can address their specific needs and employ efficient facility management practices
- Cost and quality are not the only considerations for organizational purchases. In the interest of employee well-being, organizations are looking for suppliers who can provide comfort and understand ergonomics to design furniture accordingly
- The warranty period provided can act as a quality measure for the furniture. In an event when the purchasing department doesn’t find much difference in cost and quality, warranty period stands as a deciding factor in making a purchase
- Top Procurement Trends in Air Quality Monitoring Market
- Cloud Technology Changing the Supply Chain Management Landscape
- Vendor Management and Procurement – A Combination You Cannot Ignore