Epoxy Resin Supply Market Overview
In 2017, most of the demand for epoxy resin came from the paints and coatings and electronics industries.
Epoxies, generally, have favorable properties such as high mechanical strength, superior chemical resistance, superior adhesion, and resistance to heat. Such properties make them ideal for industrial applications such as marine coatings, decorative powder coatings, and composites. In addition, the rising demand for epoxies from such industries will result in the steady increase in spend growth rate over the next couple of years. According to SpendEdge’s procurement report on the epoxy resin category, the market will witness an increase in the spend potential, driven by the booming demand for epoxy resins from the automotive and aerospace end-users.
Given the fact that the supply market for epoxy resin will witness an increase in the spend potential, a question that arises here is: what are the major supplier selection criteria and how to select the best suppliers for effective category management?
Top epoxy resin suppliers:
- Nan Ya: One of the top epoxy resin suppliers, Nan Ya was founded in 1958 and is headquartered in Taiwan with offices spread across 50+ countries. When it comes to epoxy resins, Nan Ya has two bases in Shulin and Mailao (Taiwan) and two in Kunshan (China). Over time, the company has increased its annual capacity from 18,000 MT in 1988 to more than 461,000 MT in 2015 to cater to the rising need for epoxy resin from various end-user industries. Want more information? Download a FREE sample.
- DowDupont: Headquartered in Midland, US, DowDupont has been one of most prominent epoxy resin suppliers, employing over 98,000 employees in more than 130 countries. It is an American company, which was formed after the merger of DuPont and Dow Chemical. A merger of this scale would help the company to compete against their larger global peers. Post the merger, the company was split into three independent, publicly-traded companies: a materials science, an agriculture, and a specialty products company. Want more information? Download a FREE sample.
- Chang Chun Group: Founded in 1964, Chang Chun Group is one of the world’s foremost epoxy resin suppliers. The company is headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan and employs more than 2000 people. Chang Chun has a broad portfolio of epoxy resins which are manufactured using their own proprietary technologies. The products offered by them are multi-purpose and have a high-performance ratio. Want more information? Download a FREE sample.
- Hexion: Headquartered in Ohio, US, Hexion is one of the biggest epoxy resin suppliers in the world. They employ more than 4000 employees, who are spread across 90 countries. Hexion is well-known for offering a wide range of proven, consistently high-performing materials to help end-users succeed in their ventures. Want more information? Download a FREE sample.
- Olin Corporation: One of the world’s most renowned epoxy resin suppliers, Olin Corporation employs over 6,400 people in offices that are spread across 20+ countries. The company’s headquarters is in Missouri, US. For over 60 years, Olin Corporation has carved a niche for itself when it comes to offering advanced epoxy technology. Want more information? Download a FREE sample.
SpendEdge’s procurement report offers strategic insights on top epoxy resin suppliers and helps category managers to gain information on the procurement trends, pricing models, supply market, and key sourcing procurement challenges affecting the global epoxy resin market.